Onions are an incredibly versatile and essential ingredient in numerous recipes. Onion bulbs are prized all over the world for the depth and flavour that they add to countless dishes. TCK Produce supply a wide variety of prepared onions for a number of uses.
Whether you’re a wholesale buyer, a local restaurant, hotel, school, hospital or catering professional, you can feel confident that you’re ordering from the best.
Prepared White Onions
Easily the most popular prepared onion, these are balanced in flavour: not too sweet and not too sharp. These work in almost anything, which is why they are often referred to as all-purpose onions. If you do not know which to use, these are the safest alternative. Our prepared white onions come in the following cuts:
- Whole White Peeled Onions – Peeled, top & tailed
- Sliced White Onion – Peeled and sliced 6mm
- Diced White Onions Small – Peeled and diced 10mm
- Diced White Onions Large – Peeled and diced 20mm
- White Onion Wedges – Peeled and cut into 8/10 pieces
- White Onion Rings – Peeled and sliced into 10mm rings
- White Onion Rings (separated) – Peeled and sliced into 10mm rings and divided into individual pieces
- White Onion Hand Cuts – Hand-cut into 25-30mm chunks
- Half-Moon Sliced White Onion – Peeled onion, halved & sliced into 6mm slices
Contact our team today to set your order of these versatile onions, with prompt delivery times and high-quality assurance. We know the preparation of mass onion volumes can be a time consuming and tedious process, which is why we handle the process for you.
Prepared Red Onions
The prettiest of all the onions, red onions have deep purple skin and a mild flavour. They are best raw in salads, salsas, and as a topping on burgers and sandwiches because of how mild they are. They can be used in cooked dishes as well, but the onion flavour is not nearly as strong when they are cooked. These fruity prepared onions are prepared for you in the following cuts:
- Whole Red Peeled Onions – Peeled, top & tailed
- Sliced Red Onion – Peeled and sliced 6mm
- Diced Red Onions Small – Peeled and diced 10mm
- Diced Red Onions Large – Peeled and diced 20mm
- Red Onion Wedges – Peeled and cut into 8/10 pieces
- Red Onion Rings – Peeled and sliced into 10mm rings
- Red Onion Rings (separated) – Peeled and sliced into 10mm rings and divided into individual pieces
- Red Onion Hand Cuts – Hand-cut into 25-30mm chunks
- Half-Moon Sliced Red Onion – Peeled onion, halved & sliced into 6mm slices
Decorate, enhance and liven up dishes with these prepared onions. Whether you require whole red onions for stocks, diced onions for salads or finely chopped prepared onions for salsa, we have the variety to suit your needs.
Prepared Shallot Onions
Shallots are very mild and sweet. They can be used in almost any recipe and work well when you do not want an overpowering onion flavour. They are also perfect for raw dishes since they are crisp but not pungent like onions. Shallots are many chef’s top-secret ingredients for that restaurant taste!
Shallots ordered as a prepared onion can be a huge time saver, due to the tedious preparation process. These prepared onions can be ordered in the following variety:
- Peeled Round Shallots – Peeled Shallot, top & tailed
- Diced Shallots – Peeled & diced 10mm
- Sliced Shallots – Peeled & sliced 6mm
- Peeled Banana Shallots – Peeled Shallot, top & tailed
- Diced Banana Shallot – Peeled & diced, 10mm
- Sliced Banana Shallots – Peeled & sliced, 6mm
These sharp and less acidic onion varieties are a great way to liven up a dish or maybe introduce new flavours to picky eaters, such as schools. Feel free to contact our team for further questions on our varying types of shallots and the main differences between them.
Prepared Spring Onions
These are mostly used in Asian and Latin American cooking, but they are great in a wide variety of dishes because they have a very mild flavour. The white and greenish ends have a much stronger flavour than the leaves and are better cooked. The green straight leaves of these prepared onions are very mild and are great in both cooked and raw preparations, or as a garnish in soups, salads, or chilli cheese fries.
Though spring onions can’t benefit from a range of cutting dimensions due to their straight growing patterns, it can still be a tedious task cutting them, due to the amount usually used in dishes, such as dumplings or stir-fries. These prepared onions can be ordered as follows:
- Sliced Spring Onions – Sliced 6mm
- Diced Spring Onions – Diced 10mm
These highly versatile prepared onions are a staple part of national cuisine and can be used as either garnish or to enhance various dishes.
Other Prepared Onions
Peeled button onion, top & tailed
These very small onions are valued for their sweet, delicate flavour and are usually served as an accompaniment. These prepared onions can be creamed, roasted, or glazed. Button onions make a great garnish to the classic martini. And since peeling such small onions can be a chore, we are here to do it for you!
Silver Skin Onions
Peeled sliver skin onion, top & tailed
Silverskin onions can be used in a lot of the same dishes as their brown onion counterparts, but they have a more pungent flavour and thinner, papery skin. These prepared onions have a high water content, which makes them very crisp. Their texture makes them perfect for salsas, chutneys, and other raw preparations.
Contact The Prepared Onion Specialists
TCK delivers freshly prepared produce, seven days a week, 24 hours a day and has built a reputation for fresh food, innovation and a personal approach. Accredited BRC AA standard, we are committed to producing top-quality produce, whilst remaining competitive in price and flexible in nature. View our sister company, Peeled Onion for further details on our prepared onions too.
Contact us today for quality-assured prepared onions in a range of dimensions.